Saturday, April 16, 2011

Boards I'm Currently Shaping

Aloha Tribe,

So, at the moment, out in the barn, I'm working on 4 sticks. One is a solid wood Longboard. One, a solid bamboo Pigboard. One, a Twinnie Pig Shortboard from PU (polyurethane) - perfect for The Wilds. And the third is another is a Classic Retro Longboard.

At the moment, on the solid wood Longboard, I'm working on the rails. This board is Old-School, no skeg, turns with  your foot, weighs roughly about 100 pounds. . With the late'60's Vietnamese Jungle Style bamboo Pigboard I'm glueing the bamboo as well as the bamboo skeg. And on the two PU's, I'm working on their rockers.

It's nice to shape boards. It lets you get exactly what you want and need. Working in the barn, with the doors flung wide or shaping out in the yard on a sunny day, feels right out of the great surf movie Morning of the Earth, especially living in the country like I do, with wilds all about me.

Bodaciously Stoked,

Lily of the Valley




No comments:

Post a Comment