Thursday, September 15, 2011

Conditioning for North Shore (Oahu) this Fall/Winter/Spring

Aloha Tribe,

So, I'm doing me pre-North Shore workouts now, to get totally shredded for surfing Oahu's North Shore this Fall/Winter/Spring. It'll be a great season.

To get my cardio up, I'll be riding my BMX, mountainboarding, swimming in the roughest seas I can find, and paddling on my board. Most of my training will be paddling (both sprints and distance), as well as Open Ocean Swimming and Coastal Swimming (the most dangerous sport there is). For balance, I'll be slacklining, soft rope walking, tightrope and tightwire walking, as well as using my NOHO Surf Trainer and my Chinese Single Bamboo Pole Drifting Pole and skateboarding as well as Birling (log rolling in a river - use a cedar log, by the way, they don't take in as much water as pine). For flexibility, I'll be doing Taoist Yoga and Chi Gung. For vision training (spotting swells as far away as possible) I'll be spending a lot of time doing a variety of eye exercises with the sea. For timing and coordination, I'll be practicing basketball (Darrick Doerner - DD - taught me this one as part of my Watergirl Training).

My diet, as always, will be mostly fresh fish tacos and fresh fruit with tons of water.

Bodaciously Stoked,

Lily of the Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment