Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Getting Shredded

Aloha Surfers,

My Wingnut longboard isn't here yet, but it should be coming anytime. In fact, I just heard today that it should be here by Thursday. Now that's exciting.  I can so hardly wait.

In the meantime, I've been exercising. A lot. Now granted, I'd love to be doing my Laird Hamilton type workouts but with my torn acl and torn meniscus, most of my focus is on healing my hurt leg. So, I'm using my chi gung skills to focus and direct chi or energy into the damaged areas of my knee. This supplies the area with blood, oxygen, body fluids, and internal energy, and is greatly helping it heal.


I do my physical therapy twice a week at the clinic and about 5 times a day, at home every day, and I do about a dozen or so different exercises. Each exercise, I try to do to form failure. Then, I move to the next exercise.

Sure, it may not be the fastest way to get shredded, but, you have to work with what you have. So, I'm eating less (two fish tacos a day - 250 calories each , two papayas a day, - 100 calories each, and about half of a pineapple - about 100 calories), and exercising a lot more. Sure, my Doctor wanted me closer to a minimum of 1000 calories daily, but I'm finding that 800 feels about right. I have plenty of energy so far and have been able to maintain my exercises and daily around the house chores.

I should know by  the first week of January how my left knee is doing. It's kind of a bummer in that I am goofy foot so my left leg is back when I surf. But, at least with all of my leg exercises, my legs will be super strong with buns of steel too.

Oh, so, as far as fish tacos go, today, my fish tacos of choice were from Taco del Mar. And, I had it with everything, including extras that I added.

One Taco del Mar taco with everything
2 Habanero chilies chopped
2 Jalapeno chilies chopped

And then with that, I had a  papaya. I had this that  for breakfast, and  it is also what I am planning for  dinner. I had no lunch. With dinner, I'll add  about a half of a pineapple.

Bodaciously Stoked,

Lily of the Valley