Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Perfect Surfer Girl Thanksgiving.

Hey all.

So, I had like the totally perfect Thanksgiving these last few days. The perfect Surfer Girl Thanksgiving, that is to say.

Dinner was fish tacos (and shrimp tacos too), Clementine tangerines, tons of papayas, pineapple, several incredibly strong and oh so yummy margaritas and lots of water and hot habanero salsas.

I spent my time reading my tide tables books (I have several, and yes, I still love doing it the old fashioned way, by reading the books), my surfer's dictionary, and just watching the water. 

I'd sit outside each night talking story, suspended in the comforting  water, just soaking up the evening's darkness while watching the sky and stars  and moon  and totally getting lost in the feeling of cold snow falling  gently on my soft skin. It was awesome.

I actually even contemplated a North Pole adventure. Yep, I was thinking it would be pretty radical to bring my red and white Wingnut longboard and giving it a go about as far North as a girl could end up. Perhaps. If not this year, maybe next :) A dream of mine, the perfect red and white wool and fur bikini, my wingnut 9 foot longboard, and a photo of me with the famous red and white barber type pole at the North Pole. Such thoughts make me smile!

Bodaciously Stoked,

Lily of the Valley