Friday, August 6, 2010

One Foot Waves Lead to Personal Exploration of Style

Aloha Tribe,

Tomorrow, the waves are supposed to be one foot. Now, hmm, some of you might be saying. But not me. You see, I was told that if I could learn to surf one foot waves, if I could truly master them, then, I could ride almost anything. For, in such basics, lie the secrets to potential and surfing dreams.

So, as you can see, I'm rather totally stoked about tomorrow's sets. It will be fun to paddle into them, and, they offer such a wealth of personal experimentation. Why, it's actually merely limited by one's own imagination and creativity.

I'll try Take-offs, naturally. And, variations such as No Paddle Take-Offs and also Paddle Out Rentrys. both of which, are favorites of mine. Interestingly enough too, both were learned, by, accident. I suppose it's that way with most surfing moves, like my Submarine, for example. The name for that was created for me by some surfers on Kauai after hearing about the move. And, while it's a bit of a go to do, it'll be fun to try it tomorrow too.

Naturally, I'll practice my Pop Ups, Angles, and Drop Ins. And, if possible, some fun Pull Outs. I've always preferred Pull Outs to Kick Outs, and, while many if not most surfers don't really differntiate between the two, to me, they are light years apart, Yin and Yang, actually, for one uses softness, smoothness, grace, beauty, feminine flowing movement, and style, and, the other, well, it's rather staccato, angular, quick, abrupt, and jerky. Clearly, the first is more feminine and girly, and the second, much more macho, guy like, and aggressive, as moves go.

I'd love to practice Prone Outs, for I love them so, and, Knee Riding, but, my Surfing Mentor has forbidden me from doing either. At least White Water exploration is still doable and okay according to the "rules," that I follow in my training. As long as I don't do too much of it, of course.

I'm really stoked about some little one foot waves, for what more challenge, yes? Just think, mastery of such a tiny wave, wow, now that would be a wildly fun dream, at least to me.

I truly hope that it works out and that I can take a Surfari tomorrow. It'll be wild.

Bodaciously Stoked,

Lily of the Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment