Friday, January 15, 2010

Kauai Fish Tacos - Yummy beyond all reason!!!

Aloha Tribe,

So, as you all know, I utterly love fish tacos. That and fruit is about all I eat. In fact, just sitting here thinking about them makes me smile. And, with that smile comes memories of two of my favorite fish taco restaurants, both of which are on Kauai.

On the North side is Tropical Taco. And, on the South, the Shrimp Station. Both, are pure magic.

What got me thinking about it is my upcoming two week surfing strip to Kauai. And, of course, that got me to thinking of fish tacos.

Why do I love them so? Well, mostly, it's because I see my food plan as the Surfer's Diet. I've talked about it before, fish tacos, fruit, water, and sometimes a Corona or a Margarita or a Mai Tai. The Surfer's Diet, to me, is what surfing culture is all about. Simple food, good times, wild surfing, friends, all wrapped in a laid-back lifestyle.

Simply following the Surfer's Diet is a way to embrace the surfing lifestyle and keeps one always in the light-hearted, smiling, trippy stoked, mellow way of living while also keeping a girl's body nice and tight and lean with long graceful surfing muscles and curves.

One of my favorite things to do in Kauai is to simply survive on fish tacos and fruit. I truly love it that much. The fish taco, to me, is the poetry of food, it is, to food, what surfing is to sport.

I love being a surfer, and, thanks to the movies Endless Summer and Endless Summer 2 which so fueled us all with the surfari bug, my plan is to always quest for the perfect fish taco as I flow across the world in search of elusive waves.

After Kauai, I also have numerous surfing trips planned for the Oregon coast as well as possibly San Diego, so, it looks like blending fish tacos and surfing are clearly on the horizon for me for my next few trips.

Bodaciously Stoked,

Lily of the Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment