Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Zigzagging for Flow

To the Tribe,

Today, I spent my whole session Zigzagging for the Flow. I just wanted my entire session to be mellow, relaxed, slow, soft, graceful, and beautiful, all to simply way enjoy my sense of minute changes taking place in each of my muscles from the largest to the smallest, from the most external to the most internal,  as well as  with and within my board as she glided smoothly along.

I wanted to truly feel what my board was doing. So every ride was simply about more or less going kind of straight, in a sort of zigzagging kind of way, just to feel the rails rise and fall with each subtle shift.

I truly love sessions like this because, well, it's all about the feel. So smooth, so sure, so balanced, just each tiny sensation surging through my body as I rode, lifting me to total stoke through receptivity instead of adrenaline.

I've been thinking about what some really top surfers and surfing legends have shared lately. It's all about the ride.

And that's what today was about, Pure fun. Just the ride. Again and again and again and again until I felt I had to scream in orgasmic ecstasy. It's a good thing I was alone, I guess. It was one of those sessions. You know.

Thinking back even now, still takes my breath away. Wow, what a day.

One goal. One technique.  Both, the same. Just to practice zigzagging back and forth to my heart's true content, ending the ride only when it had to be ended at the last possible moment.

Prior to that, for my own exercise, I was pulling with a weight harness about 350 or so pounds up and down the sand over and over and over again , just to tax my muscles and lift them into that state of near total fatigue, where for the last lap, all I could do was crawl,  which, the end result being, enabled me to be aware of the tiniest movements as I rode.

It was a truly awesome session today. Everything was perfect.  Just the way a day like this should be.

Bodaciously Stoked,

Lily of the Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment