Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Surfing Culture and Language Study Program : North Shore - Actor's Wanted Part 2

Aloha to all in the Tribe,

I had such fun doing my North Shore Actors Wanted training session, that, I'm going to repeat it again. Starting, tonight. So, for the next three weeks, once again, I'll fully immerse myself in preparing for the fictitious role, that, while it doesn't exist, would be so awesome if it did.

Just as with before, I'm going to visualize, just for fun, that I've been chosen to play the role of Turtle, only the girl version, in a new movie called, North Shore. And, just like was done before, I'll fully jump into the role from a training perspective by surfing as much as possible, stretching and exercising as much as possible, and learning the language, and studying the culture as deeply as I can. In a way, it's sort of like setting up a fun little  3 camp for myself where exercise then becomes really really fun.  And, the cool thing is that in the process, I not only am contstanly getting in better and better shape, but more so, I'm learning more about the history and culture of surfing, making it truly a fully embraced lifestyle.

Now then, last time, I didn't memorize the lines from the movie, but this time, just for fun and to add a bit of realism to the getting in shape for a role idea, I'll memorize the lines and physical movements too of the character. It sounds like a blast.

Hey, if surfing can't be fun, what's the point, right?

I'm really stoked about my silly little idea. It makes me smile. And, that's an awesome thing. You know, in the Pacific Northwest, we often find ourselves alone at the beach, and most certainly alone on the waves, assuming one goes to the right places at the right time. And, well, without an active surf culture to hang with on the beach, this is my silly plan to keep me "in shape," from a social and cultural perspective. Besides, it's silly and fun. Oh, hey, by the way, it looks like we should be hitting up to triple overhead + with predicted 23 1/2 footers coming. on Monday or perhaps Tuesday.  How cool is that!!!

So, jump in your baja bugs, start up your pickups, toss your boards in your surf cars and head on up here for a wild week next week of surfing. Oh, and, be sure to knock with your elbows. Corona Extra's my style.

If you come, I'll be the girl hanging at the beach practicing lines to the wild wind from an awesome movie.

Tonight, I'll watch North  Shore again, who knows how many times it's been now, and really focusing on memorizing the lines  for my "part" from the whole movie. It'll be fun to see if I can do it in one evening.  I hope so. For what is life if not but for challenges?

Oh, and, just as with last time, my total diet will still be only fish tacos (mostly home-made with an occasional one from Taco del Mar, one fish taco twice a day, and fresh fruit, namely, papayas, mangoes, and pineapple. And tons of fresh Fiji water (to keep me in a tropical charcter mode by the water I drink, after all, why not).  Perhaps with some tequila, Corona Extra, or my favorite, margaritas now and again.

Bodaciously Stoked,

Lily of the Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment