Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mountain Hiking while Slacklining, Tree Yoga, and Slackline Yoga for Surfing

Aloha Tribe,

Last night, I hiked my steepest local mountain. I've been doing it each day for the last 4 or 5 days.

Along the hike, each time I find a suitable rock or tree limb or tree root that I can stand on or walk on while balancing, I've been doing it.

In this way, I'm working both my endurance and balance skills at the same time. You see, climbing the mountain as quickly as I can,  naturally, fatigues my muscles. And, by constantly balancing in this fatigued state, I'm learning to find balance while my body is pushed to its physical limit.

At likely spots, I set up either my slackline or my Tree Yoga kits, which I carry in a heavy backpack to make my task even more challenging, and I work out on them, while physically exhausted.

This is dramatically effecting my surfing in a positive way even on a daily basis. Each time I train, my surfing is not merely improving but making dramatic leaps into the stratosphere.

This training idea came to me upon reflecting upon the Winter sport of the Biathalon where you Nordic Ski and shoot a rifle during your race. The skiing exhausts the body and the shooting requires perfect body control.

This training I am doing using the balancing gear does the same thing as far as sports goes. In this way, I'm training myself to surf not only the North Shore regardless of the swell size, but also to surf anything of any size, in time, of course.

In the meantime, I'll keep pushing myself constantly to improve in all ways. I want my surfing, no matter the conditions, to be perfect, more so, beautiful.

Oh, the key and secret to the whole thing, by the way, is the Chi Gung that I practice. It allows my racing heart and utterly exhausted body to be able to find perfect balance nearly instantly by calming my body, slowing my pulse, helping me to gain focus and smoothness, all in an instant. I highly recommend this kind of training to all of you who truly want to improve beyond your wildest dreams no matter your sport or activity. Good luck and have fun. Be sure to study Chi Gung, also spelled Qigong, it's the key to it all.

Bodaciously Stoked,

Lily of the Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment