Monday, July 19, 2010

And So, It Begins!!! Vagabond Feral Surf Trip: Seattle to Malibu

Aloha Tribe,

So, tomorrow, early, my adventure begins. I'll be leaving the Seattle area, hitting a Straits break by early morning and there, surfing and doing Watergirl Training for the day at Tentacles. I'll camp overnight, then surf the next day and do more Watergirl Training. And then, off down the Pacific Coast, headed, South. My golden quest to Malibu sings my soul!!!

The breaks will call to me each day, talking story to me of where to surf and stay. Sometimes, I'd imagine, I may surf a given break for several days. Other times, I'll surf a bit then hit the road again.

I'll be traveling Ultralight as an Ultralight Vagabond Feral Surfer. My trip will probably last about a month and a half or so. And, once I return, I'll be home about a week then off to the North Shore of Oahu for somewhere between a month and possibly up to 4 months of Hawaii surfing.

My Car: Orange VW Turbo Bug with Safari Rack

My Board: 10' Single Fin Aqua Green BK

My  Backpack: Women's GoLite Jam (23 oz. unpacked of course)

My Wetsuit: O'Neil Psycho 1

My Bikini: Woodland Camouflage String Bikini

A Gibbon Slackline: for balance training and yoga, naturally

One Pair of Rocket Fins - for my Rescue Swimmer Training part of Watergirl Skills

The root or base part of my quest, that is to say, the spiritual/Shamanic part, is to go to the Morrison Apartments, where Jim Morrison from The Doors, lived on his friends rooftop during the beginning of his journey back in the Summer of '65. I'd love to stay in the area and surf and meditate, slackline, fast, swim, write, and just be, for as long as I can, ideally a week or so.


Adventure abounds.

Bodaciously Stoked,

Lily of the Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment