Friday, July 30, 2010

Slacklining and Pole Walking for Surfing

Aloha Tribe,

I'll be training hard for the next 46 days or so, dividing my training between swimming, surfing, and slacklining and pole walking. The swimming, is to help me get a lean Watergirl body, and the others, are for my surfing.

I'm hoping that by spending so much time balancing, my surfing will have a few leaps and bounds in the weeks to come. Time, will tell.

Surfing where I do, in extremely strong cross currents and rip currents, with constant closed out waves, and periods as short as 4 seconds, my paddling conditioning should skyrocket over the next month and a half or so.

Thus, half my time will focus on balance.

At the beach, I'll set my slackline up between large driftwood logs. And, at my campsite, I'll simply set it up in the trees. My goal, is to slackline and pole walk every hour or so, focusing, in improvement based on softness and receptivity to movement.

For inspiration, tonight, I'll have some  great Pinot Noir wine while watching the movie Man on Wire  starring Philippe Petit, a true tightrope wire walker genius. 


Tonight shall be truly inspirational fun!!!

Bodaciously Stoked,

Lily of the Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment