Friday, July 2, 2010

The Return to Soul Surfing

Aloha Tribe,

Soul Surfing has been lost. Lost to time, and changes in society. And, the need for money. But, it's coming back. In the eyes of a few daring pioneers.

Soul Surfing, to me, is a shamanic experience. It is, in fact, shamanism, as I see it and live it. My goal, is to travel the world, helping and healing those I can, who, happen along the coast or on the way to the sea. Using the mana, energy, or chi of the ocean, I am shaping my chi gung skills to find new and unexplored ways of expression of healing. It is, a yin path, the path of water, yet, within that, lies yang, for, the waves power the path.

As I travel from break to break, I'll watch. And listen. To the sea, and, all who are near. And, with a soft smile, I'll share what little art I possess in the use of chi gung as a shamanic soul surfer tool.

My path before me, I imagine, will be filled with challenges and adventures unknown at the moment, yet, sensed, for they are what call my spirit.

My  board, my style of riding, my performance art, if you will, all will center upon the art of the Soul Surfer.

This will include movement, color, sound, smell, sight, and every physical sensation.

It is, a unique plan, a rather odd  goal and path, yet, one that beckons truly and purely. For it is the innocence and purity of the path which offer it's true power and magic.

It all began, a year ago, with a dream, while lying sick in a hospital. And, in the last few months has begun manifesting itself as reality.

The more I embrace it, the softer I become. The more I surf, the more I find out about my surfing and what it can do and teach and offer as I learn from it.

I am, like the gunfighter of the old west, wandering from town to town, only, in this case, my 6 shooter is my surfboard, my towns, surf breaks.

Bodaciously Stoked,

Lily of the Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment