Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Maps

Aloha Tribe,

Today, I've been contemplating my route from Seattle to Baja. I've toyed with the idea of bringing tons of maps and guide books and sea charts of water depths, and on and on, but, you know, when it all comes down to it, I'll probably just toss my backpack into my VW bug, strap my board on top of the roof, and, follow my nose south.

Sure, I could prepare totally, yet, part of the fun of being a Vagabonding Feral Surfer Girl is that wild things happen. And, as such, one simply, adapts to what is. And, accepts what comes. Which, really, is what my Soul Surfing search for style is all about. Simply, being receptive.

So, when it comes down to it and I pull off of my single lane dirt road onto the beckoning highway, I'll be heading out into the wilds, underequipped, semi-lost, yet, with the sure path, convictions, and mostly, passion,  of a surfer who's mind, body, and spirit dance to the call of the crashing sea.

Bodaciously Stoked,

Lily of the Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment