Saturday, December 26, 2009

North Pole Surfers (Actors Needed)

Hello Everyone,

So, my first three weeks of my North Shore project went truly beautifully. So awesomely, in fact, that I am going to do another gig, only this time, I'm going to focus on the North Pole, as I have been, for the last several weeks.

As some of you may recall, in my first Actor's Needed role, I was working on getting ripped for a North Shore role, based on the idea that what if Turtle, played by John Philbin, had been a girl and thus, they were interested in me. So for that role, I focused on getting shredded and also learning Hawaiian Pidgen the best that I could. It was a truly awesome project and I had just a total blast preparing for the role.

Interestingly enough, I'm finding myself so in love with such training that I just have to continue it. So, on to the sequel to North Shore, This time, North Shore 2. Since I've found myself enthralled with the North Pole as of late, I'm gearing this second project along that line, so, the film will take place, where else, but on the North Shore of the North Pole. Why not!!! The first movie took place with a young guy from Arizona going to the North Shore of Hawaii. This time, it's a bodacious polar babe, me, heading to the North Shore. The details of the movie, of course, need to still be worked out. But that's for the writers to worry about. I'm more interested in wardrobe and props, after all, what will by board by like? Naturally, since it's still the Christmas Season (I so hope you all had a truly beautiful and magical Christmas, by the way - oh, as a slight aside, I want to send a very special thank you to a very very special girl I know who helped make my Christmas truly magical - thanks, chica - you're the greatest friend a girl could have - hugs and twirls of great joy :)

... oh yes, where was I, props, yes, my board just has to be my beautiful red and white striped Wingnut longboard with her utterly magical Brian Anderson red fin - the board is just so the magic of Christmas to me, I"m still stunned beyond all reason.

Okay, back to the film. I'll continue my Hawaiian Pidgin language skills and also round 2 of getting me shredded. I love the idea of pushing the envelope even more, in fact. Okay, so here's this ice bunny in her Artic fur parka and fur pants (okay, maybe not politically correct but you have to admit, cute beyond all reason), and she sheds her outer garments for, what else, but a fur lined string bikini, but of course. Kind of hard to find, by the way, so I'll probably have to make one, unless wardrobe beats me to it, but of course.

So, the Polar gear drops to the floor and out steps this ice bunny shredded beyond all reason. After all, one normally eats up to 9000 calories a day to maintain body weight at the North Pole but this surfing chica of frigid waters has kept her calories to a seemingly rational 800 (not 8000 mind you, goodness no), but a mere 800).

Along this line, I've been doing a lot of polar training at home, well, as good as I can at least. Since it's only in the teens here and sometimes the 20's in these darn heat waves, I'm trying to make do by wearing next to nothing as I train outdoors. I figure that if one has tons of gear on and can be at, say, the required -75, then, with not much more than a tiger shark tooth necklace and a cowrie shell ankle bracelet (and a string bikini when too many neighbors end up stopping by unexpectedly), I might have a chance of at least getting sort of a simulated cold weather training feeling.

I did do some research with a top math guy yesterday (over discussions of Russian chess - my favorite style - yes, beach bunnies play chess too), and he was mentioning that in his professional opinion, water temperature did not modify wave speed nor shape nor density.

Sigh.

Yet, with my recent Christmas magic wonder, thanks Lisa, I'm a girl who believes even more than ever in the the beauty of friendship and love and  hope and all that is good in the world, and as such, I like to believe that maybe cold water can somehow effect waves, and thus surfing. Now, I just need to find out how.

Bodaciously Stoked

Lily of the Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment