Monday, December 14, 2009

North Shore (Actor's Wanted Training) Day 11

A Totally Bodacious Morning Everyone,

So, another week of my Actor's Role Training IF, I had been graced to have been in the movie North Shore, playing the female version of the character Turtle. Today is Day 11.

So far, so good!!!

Now granted, I"m not exactly getting the perfect tan where I live, in fact, there's snow on the ground (which has not deterred me from trying, for the record - yes, bikinis in the snow, what better fun!!!), but, I have been getting some great workouts. Today, I'll be dragging around a 300 pound  ship's anchor chain that I have. My goal is to be able to pull it for about 8 hours straight. Assuming I can. I'lll try for another 8 hours tomorrow. And, so on. A unusual  goal to some, perhaps yes. But certainly one I could imagine someone like big wave rider Laird Hamilton would love trying. I read in his book he loves working out with huge logs caber style (and I have one for that purpose too) , as I have mentioned before, in order to help him build his strength for big wave riding, so, by combining that idea with my love of the North Pole and questing to go there and what with it being Christmas season, the idea of pulling the weight of a typical arctic sledge, came to mind. And, while I don't have an actual arctic polar sledge yet, to pull at this time, I do have my ship's anchor chain, which, I suppose, in some ways does seem sort of surfy. After all, it relates to the water :)

So, I'll finish my morning light breakfast, then head out into the snow for a bit of a go at chain pulling. I have an awesomely bodacious rope to use as a handle, it's my climbing rope, a 1 inch diameter twisted hemp rope. I have a two inch diameter rope in my climbing garage for slacklining on and for climbing as well as doing pullups, pushups, and dips on.

The basic idea is I'll pull the chain about 200 meters, do some slacklining and pullups and pushups and dips in a few quick sets, then pull the chain another 200 meters and so on. That way, I'll get a full body workout. The slackling between sets will keep my balance honed to perfection as well as give me a chance to stretch while on the slackline 2 inch rope (that rope, by the way, is about 100 feet long.

Bodaciously Stoked,

Lily of the Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment