Friday, December 4, 2009

North Shore (Actor's Training) Day 2

Good Morning Everyone,

What an awesome day for my quest to continue. Last night went well, I had a small salad for dinner and some lemon and lime water. I also did lots of pushup at various incline angles (doing 30 reps per set at each of the 6 angles)  which builds the upper part of the pecs or the tops of the boobs, if you want to think of it that way, giving support from above. I also did lots of pullups (but only 6 reps at a time so far). I have a pullup bar at the top of my stairs and everytime I went up or down the stairs, I did as many as I could. I also did squats, numerous sets of double 40 reps each - sometimes on balance disks, sometimes on the floor, sometimes on my toes, sometimes flat footed, sometimes on my Pro Surf Classic Indo Board on top  of either a balance disk or a bosu ball. I also did SUP on the Surf Classic and balance disk with my 6 foot Kahuna Big Stick (I love the biggest one, size  matters).

I hadn't planned to have a salad last night but I was with a friend and that's what she made so that's what I had. I kept it a small one.

This morning, for breakfast, I'll have a grapefruit. I'd love a papaya but I want the grapefruit for cholesterol. I have a Doctor's appointment next week and it's amazing how several grapefruits a day can get one in shape. I'll have the papaya probably for lunch, if, I have lunch. Dinner tonight will be pineapple. I also spent several hours last night studying Pidgin and Surfish. Mostly while doing countless situps, crunches, and leg lifts of various types (hitting the quads, hamstrings, adductors, and abductors) as well as the glutes and the gluteus medius.

So, to start out this morning, while my grapefruit gets "ready," I'll do some pushups, squats, pullups, and SUP (Stand Up Paddling).

Noon now. I had only half a grapefruit for breakfast and a few sips of orange juice. I'm rather starved. But, I'm determined and focused. If other actors can do it, then so can I. I've spent the morning studying Surfish. It's coming along. Slowly. At this point, I'm still just getting a hang for the words by increasing my vocabulary. This will be interesting to see where all of this goes 3 weeks from now.

Well, since I"m so hungry, I guess I'll do situps until I'm not hungry anymore. That should work. I am looking forward to dinner. But it probably won't be until maybe about 9 tonight, so, that's a long way off to wait for my pineapple and papaya. That gives me like about 9 1/2 more hours of language study and exercise before then. A pretty full day, actually.

I'm pretty stiff from my morning SUP but I'll give it another go this afternoon to work the kinks out. And, if not, well, there's always pushups and pullups. The pullups in particular feel awesome on my stiff lower back. Oh, I'm up to 10 pullups now per set, up from 6 yesterday per set. Sure, I have a long way to go, but at least I can do tons of  sets throughout the day every time I go up and down the stairs. The more I'm exercising, the more energy I'm getting and the stronger I'm getting with each workout, even though they are spaced merely an hour or so apart.

It's now early afternoon, I got through the lunch hour fine. My situps worked away hunger. I just got done with several sets of pushups and pullups and dips. And I did a bit more SUP too on my Indo Board on my balance disks. So far, so good. Well, back to situps, crunches, and surfing language. The nice thing about them is I can pop of 300 of each without much bother so it's a good way to focus on my vocabulary. I'll have earned my pineapple and papaya tonight, that's for sure. 

Bodaciously Stoked,

Lily of the Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment