Tuesday, February 2, 2010

9 Foot Longboard fits inside 2002 VW Bug

Aloha Tribe,

So, awesomely fun news for those of you wondering if a longboard can fit in various cars, I just found out today that there's at least one car a 9 foot longboard will fit inside of. My bright orange 2002 VW Bug.

Yep, you read that right,  my beautiful 9 foot red and white striped Robert August Wingnut longboard fits inside of my bright orange VW bug. How way cool is that!!!

ROADTRIP!!!

Okay, is this an Endless Summer moment or what :)

And, there's plenty of room for my tent, my ukulele, and a green canvas Rambler backpack from Duluth Pack. In fact, I can even get my bodyboard in there too. There's enough room for two 9 foot longboards easily with several inches both front and rear to spar, as well as my 7 foot Hawaiian Blades thruster. Only one person can fit with the longboards though, since my bug has a bench back seat instead of the bucket seats like the new 2010/2011 convertible bugs.

Of course, I can put my board on top of the bug too, I have a soft rack, but, it's kind of cool that it fits inside, it keeps it safer if I have to stop somewhere for food, gas, or to check out the local swell.

I'm so excited, I'm literally twirling in happiness. I tend to do that, twirl, that is, now if I could just figure out how to do a Spinner on my board, I'd be set. Of course, then I'd want to learn to do a Nose 360 and of course, a Tail 360. All in good time I guess.  I'm a dreamer, I admit it. I like to think that's a good thing. You know, come to think of it, I think all surfers are probably dreamers. And, that's probably what makes us all love life so much.

I'm so happy, I just had to share with all of you in the Tribe, just in case any of you are wondering about getting a new car.

So, now I'll have a way go on surfing adventures anywhere with my longboard safe and sound inside my car. I can just slip all my surfing adventure travel gear  into my car and go. How cool is that!!! I feel like, with this new discovery that everything fits inside my bug, that I'm truly starting to fully live the surfing girl lifestyle. You know. And, for those times when  I want to travel with someone else in my car, I can always simply strap several boards to my soft rack on top of my bug. Then again, if I am traveling alone, gathering a group of surfers in all kinds of different vehicles for a Baja California caravan sounds kind of fun. Who's up for it? There's some nice 4 to 7 footers down there today with 10 to 15 footers for tomorrow from what I understand. At the very least, it's a fun dream. At least I have a totally cute way to go now, if I wanted to.

Aloha,

Bodaciously Stoked,



Lily of the Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment