Friday, October 8, 2010

Fish Taco Surfer's Quest: The Beginning...

Aloha Tribe,

It just occurred to me, wouldn't be awesomely fun to go on a Fish Taco Surfer's Quest. You know, find the best Fish Tacos and see which breaks they are at. It would make for some truly yummy research and totally bodacious waves, not to mention great sessions Talking Story at each break of past fish tacos and the best rides.

Most surfer's, I would imagine, would find the breaks first, then, hunt out the fish tacos. I was thinking it would be fun to do it the other way around. Find the best fish tacos, and then, the breaks. That way, the fish tacos become the true reason for some of the most memorable surfing rides of ones dreams.

So, for me, the quest goes back to the north coast of Kauai. They have incredibly killer fish tacos out there, truly worth a flight to the Islands for the fish tacos alone, let alone riding Middles, which is my favorite break on Hanalei Bay. For me, a break isn't about the perfect wave or the perfect size or who thinks what about this break or that break, but instead, it's all about the memories and the feelings that I still have to this moment. Just thinking of my rides at Middles right now, dreaming of the perfect fish taco afterwards following the perfect ride (a time stopped Acid Drop leading to Spinning Pearl into a Reverse 180, followed by a spontaneously modified Hawaiian Pull Out still has me smiling, with twinkling blue eyes and a rumbling tummy.

Bodaciously Stoked,

Lily of the Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment