Friday, October 15, 2010

NOHO Surf Balance Trainer: Silver Surfer Camp Again

Aloha Tribe,

Since I have two pets I am trying to help this weekend, for both are very ill, I will not go surfing, since I need to be home for them. Yet, I will train as much as I can at home. My focus will be on my NOHO Surf Balance Trainer, and, as such, I'll do another Silver Surfer Camp weekend.

My goal, with such a weekend, is to stay on my NOHO Trainer as much as I can, doing everything I'd normally do during a weekend while on my longboard. I'll be using my 9 foot custom shaped, Robert August Wingnut red and white stripped longboard. I love that board. She's so beautiful.

By spending as much time on my longboard as possible, eating, reading, sleeping, stretching, exercising, balancing, and of course, practicing my surfing moves, I believe that I can learn to truly become one with my board and really get to know how she moves, her moods, her rhythms, and what makes her ride as she does. My inspiration, as I've mentioned before, comes from the Stan Lee Marvel Comics Superhero: The Silver Surfer. That character more or less lives on his surfboard as he surfs through the galaxies on adventures. And, while that is just a comic book of course, the idea of training as a surfer that way, to me, makes a lot of sense. The more we do any skill, the better we become at is. And, for most of us, our surfing rides typically last perhaps 8 to 20 seconds per ride, maybe? Sometimes only a few rides a day, sometimes, 25 or more in a couple of hours. Whatevers. The point is, regardless of how much you can ride, it's still far less than what, say, a skateboarder can since the sidewalk is always there with no Lineup and no Paddle Out.

Most of my time, of course, will be spent with my sick chickens, but, when I can, to build my own energy, hope, and faith, I'll train on my longboard. And, my Soft Rope and slackrope and tight wire, of course.

I'm stoked.

Bodaciously Stoked,

Lily of the Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment