Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Samhain Tribe

Happy Samhain Tribe,

So, Halloween is upon us. Watch out for Wererats and Weresharks in hawaii, Werewolves in Europe as well as Werecats, and, over in Asia, beware of Weretigers. As for here, well, take care lest the WereOctopus grabs you out at Tentacles, it's been known to happen. Locally, most of the shaping shifting beasties are dogs, according to the local Native American legends, but some wolves come into play too. And of course, then there's all the shapeshifting sea creatures along the Pacific Northwest as well as over in the British Isles.

What fun.

I ended up tearing my meniscus, not on the near 50 foot wave, oh no, after all, that would have been a fun bar story. Instead, on a damned porch. Yep, a moss covered deck, and, off I went, into knee hell. I guess it's a good week for it, what with it being Samhain or Halloween week and all. It's laid me up for a few days so far. The Doctor says, such things never heal, but, with Chi Gung, I should be back and at em in no time. Basically, the meniscus is a type of cartilidge in the knee, and, because of the lack of blood supply, it typically can never heal in most people. That's where Bone Marrow Chi  Gung comes into play. It's a way of restimulating the marrow in the bone, to change it from no marrow to marrow in older bones, and from yellow marrow to red marrow also in older bones. And, it also helps the blood flow. So, using Nei Dan Chi Gung as well as Wai Dan Chi Gung as forms of expression of Bone Marrow Chi  Gung, I'll redirect the blood supply along the outside edge of the meniscus to redirect the small veins and such in the meniscus, to stimulate new bloodflow growth patterns, thus, sending fresh blood, oxygen, and Chi (Qi), into the torn wound within my knee.

Modern Western Medicine says it has to be cut out, if the damage progresses, since nothing can really be done, but, Chi Gung, being the root of Eastern Medicine, says there are ways to help it. My Knee Doctor, a leading guy in his field, says, if such a thing can happen, it'll be the makings of a Noble Prize in Medicine. We'll see about that. He wants to reexamine everything with his high intensity MRI 20X more powerful than most MRI's, in about 6 months, so, we'll see at that time whether your local surfer girl is up for a Nobel Prize or something of the sort. That would be rather fun. At any rate, in the meantime, I'll just do that which I do and give this a go with my way of healing.

And, what perfect timing to get so stupidly hurt, being such a magical time of year. A time filled with legends, mystery, magic, wonder, dreams, and the living dead, of course, not to mention werewolves and their like.

So, being hurt and all, yesterday I spent the day with my favorite movie, John Carpenter's The Thing, staring Kurt Russell. It's a GREAT horror /sci fi film.  As such, I decorated my living room like an Arctic Explorer's base, sort of like in the movie, ate Military Expedition Rations, drank vodka,  had a good supply of extra large ring sized  (60) very dark (maduro) cigars on hand for guests of the dark woods, and played Russian Styled Chess (being of Siberian and Mongolian heritage - some of you may not have known that,  this is my favorite style of Chess) on a travel chess set board that's been to the North Pole. How romantic is that!!! Sleeping on a military cot beneath a hammock, all night chess games, what greater fun for the limping wounded? I so need to get bit by something, anything will do, some were beastie or other, tonight to get some greaty lycantropy strength. Sigh. Hey, it could happen. After all, I live in the middle of the woods, in the middle of a swamp, at the very end of a single lane dirt trail, with a gypsy vardo (a gypsy wagon home) in my yard that I built myself. It doesn't get more creepy and eerie than that. I'll sit outside tonight, with a candle for light, play some chess with the clouds, and see what comes walking down the lonely path or crawls out of the creek, swamp, or woods.

Happy Halloween everyone,

Bodaciously Stoked,

Lily of the Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment