Wednesday, October 13, 2010

NOHO Surf Balance Trainer with Bells, Bells on Soft Rope and Slackline as well as Pickpocketing Mannequin Dummy

Aloha Tribe

I was reading that there was a tightrope walker who trained when he was little by having bells put on his line by his father. That made me smile, because, as a pickpocket, I have a mannequin at home that I have loaded with bells and traps of all kinds in order to develop the soft touch of the Master Cannon.


That gave me the idea to put bells on my various soft ropes, slacklines, and tightwires. Now, the reason the young wire walker had bells on his was apparently so that his father would know that he was not only working the line, but also that he was safe. If the bells tinkled, that meant he was okay.


I, on the other hand, do the exact opposite with my pickpocketing mannequin. I try to make none of the traps spring nor none of the bells to ring.


So, my idea with my various walking lines is to do the same thing, string them with bells, then, work until I can walk anything without any bells ringing.


This then made me think of my NOHO Surf Balance Trainer. I have a wonderful net that I use for Retarius Gladitor type training (I love martial arts), and I can lay that over my NOHO Surf Balance Trainer and string the net with Christmas jingle bells of all sizes, shapes, and types. Then, as I practice my longboard surfing skills on my NOHO, the game will be, just like with my soft rope and my pickpocket dummy, to not make any noise. If I do, I lose and have to do the drill again. It makes the training a game, in a sense, where you have a very distinct goal to work for, namely perfect softness, gracefullness, and smoothness, which, is what I strive for in all of the various arts that I practice. For, I dream of beauty in each of these arts.


Bodaciously Stoked,


Lily of the Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment