Friday, October 1, 2010

Surfing Session through November: The Quest of the Soul Surfer

Aloha Tribe,

So, starting possibly tomorrow, Monday, at the latest, I'm thinking of doing my best, if all works out, to surf through November. Ideally, I'll be able to surf as much as possible each day, hopefully, building up to surfing long sessions in the swells. I'd like one long session each day, rather than numerous sessions. A bit more challenging with a wetsuit, what with particulars and all during the day, much easier, in a tropical sea wearing a string bikini. In any event, I'll do the best I can to maximize each day.

It'll be a great challenge for the month, just to see what happens. I'm preparing for a trip, though, I don't exactly know where I'll go (Vietnam maybe?). I'm hoping my surfing mentor and Watergirl teacher has some ideas. Essentially, I'd like to find a spot, anywhere in the world, and go there for, perhaps, 2 or 3 months of daily training, dawn to dusk each day. I really want to dramatically increase my surfing up several notches.

I'm hoping for a quiet wave, one, alone. Ideally, in a tropical environment. Living off fish and fruit, sunshine and water. Basically, due to the importance of this training, I see the world as my potential playground, so, I've a bit of exploring to do, to pick just the perfect magical spot. It'll be interesting, to see where it ends up.

So, what I'm looking at is a month of intense surfing starting sometime this weekend or by the end of the weekend, followed by several months of finer  honed surfing, after which, I'll probably head possibly back here for more surfing the wilds alone, which should get me through Spring.

By Spring, I'll be, hopefully, where I plan to be with my surfing to hit the North Shore for a few months or so.

I'm looking at a lot of surfing in the year ahead, ideally, daily, for most of the day, every day. A year of that should get me into shape for the following year, after which, then, well, it's a surprise.

I'm pretty excited. So, I've some planning to do to figure this all out regarding details and such. But, that's what weekends and some good margaritas and cerveza are for.

My goal? The quest of the Vagabond Feral Soul Surfer.

Bodaciously Stoked,

Lily of the Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment