Sunday, October 10, 2010

Soft Rope Penetration Walking: 2", 1" 1/2" Manilla Rope and Tight Wire

Aloha Tribe,

I've been doing a lot of Soft Rope Penetration Chi Gung and tightwire walking and last night I noticed my Tibialis Anterior, the muscle that goes over the shin bone and down to the big toe, needed some strengthening, due to my lifelong living barefoot and if flip flops almost totally.

In any event, I spent Saturday evening, plus most of the night, and early this morning working on these muscles, and, now, there has been some truly beautiful improvements in my muscle control and balance. I felt a steadienss I've not previously had on both my 2 inch maniila rope and also my 1 inch manilla rope as well as my tight wire. I feel, stoked, blessed, and, stunned.

This morning, due to uncountable hours of training last night, I was a bit stiff for a few minutes when I first awoke, but Chi Gung instantly took care of that.

So, when I did my balance training today for my surfing, well, I felt, really solid. And, happy.

This is so exciting. I'm so happy I literally twirled. A bit of Tibialist Anterior work, some Chi Gung, and wham, a new rope walking girl!!! I can so hardly wait until tomorrow to see what tomorrow brings.

Oh, and, as for the surf today, instead of the predicted Triple Overhead, it was Double Overhead, still Closed Out, as predicted, but that's what surfing is like here. So, no worries. After all, surf is surf and waves stoke, no matter the conditions. At least I can dream of the Triple and higher Overheads waves to come. And, come they will. Oh yes.  I'm so stoked.

Bodaciously Stoked,

Lily of the Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment